Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Foodie Files

The warmer it gets, the more I crave simple food...in fact, anything with more than a handful of ingredients all of a sudden feels cumbersome rather than complex.  It's a phase to be sure but it's kind of a refreshing one.  To that end, I decided to post two very basic "recipes" in lieu of one demanding one for today's Foodie Files.  They're more ideas for your back pocked than anything else but I hope they hit the spot!

Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream:
Slice peaches in half and remove the pits.  Grease your grill (full disclosure: I just used my George Foreman) with a touch of butter and place peaches face down.  Grill for about 5 minutes or until warmed throughout, then top with a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream.  Side note: I picked up the peach pictured below from The Peach Truck, Nashville's roving Georgia peach distributor.  I kid you not, their peaches are the best I've ever had in my life.  Seriously.  Bar none.  We were delighted to have them set up shop at Nicole Marie Salon and Spa today and we're hoping to have them back soon!  Nashville friends: make sure you're following us on Twitter (@designmuseblog & @NMSalonSpa) so you don't miss their next visit.


Infused Water:
This isn't my first go-round with infused water (click here for proof), but it's by and large my most refreshing concoction yet.  I made a giant batch for the shop today with 4 cucumbers, 8 lemons, 8 limes and a handful of mint leaves, though unless you're making it for a small army I'd recommend scaling it down.  Make a note: this one's a thirst quencher to be sure!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment