Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Foodie Files

While I've not had the pleasure of tasting these scalloped potatoes, I've heard many an individual sing their praises over the last few weeks.  I've been itching to try them ever since my Mom sent me the recipe (and pictures).  They're very, very rich which- to me- is practically required when it comes to holiday food.  If you signed up to bring a side to your family's potluck, I'm thinking this one would make you pretty popular.

1/4 cup of coconut oil
5 tbsp butter
3 large shallots
6 medium-large potatoes
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Wash and paper towel dry potatoes and poke with fork in several places to vent.  Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes then peel and slice into 1/4" pieces.  


While potatoes are cooking, melt coconut oil and add diced shallots.  Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.  Add butter and cook for 2 minutes more on low.  Add heavy cream and cook 2-3 minutes, then add potatoes, mascarpone and goat cheese.


 Make sure potatoes are coated thoroughly, then add salt and pepper.  Place in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes and serve immediately.  Serves 6-8. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment