Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Foodie Files

One of my favorite quick eats in Nashville is a deli-esque restaurant called Bread & Company.  Although their signature selections are delish, I'm all about their make your own sandwich option...I just love how many choices they give you!  As a result of options overload, dining with me at Bread & Company is not for the faint of heart.  Let's just say I get my $5.50 worth.  So, as a tribute to my newfound appreciation for "the works"...I give you the Balsamic Chicken mini-masterpiece sandwich.  

Ingredients:
(makes 5 sandwiches)
10 chicken tenderloins
1 shallot clove, diced
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
10 slices of Italian loaf
1 tomato, sliced
5 slices of white cheddar cheese
lettuce
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
Roasted red pepper & Feta bruschetta
Kalamata olive tapenade

Brown shallots in olive oil, then add seasoned chicken.  Allow chicken to brown just slightly (about 4 minutes a side), then add balsamic vinegar.  Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 additional minutes and allow the balsamic vinegar to reduce.  Side note: I used an 18 year old aged balsamic vinegar and it made all the difference in the world.  It's expensive but worth it!


Lightly toast bread, then spread the roasted red pepper & Feta bruschetta on one slice and the Kalamata olive tapenade on the other.


Stack chicken, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cheese and anything else your little heart desires and open wide!  So simple, but so good!


0 comments:

Post a Comment