Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Foodie Files

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I listened to salsa music all day, did a good bit of dancing around the kitchen, threw a party and ate chicken tacos.  Lots and lots of chicken tacos.  I briefly considered not posting the recipe for said tacos because it's SO easy it's almost ridiculous.  Then I realized- what am I, crazy?!  Why wouldn't I share a recipe that's this delicious and impossible to mess up?!  If you can get your hands on a slow cooker and have 8 hours to spare, then prepare to coast through this recipe like a champ.  The portions below will serve 10-12.

Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 packet taco seasoning

Place chicken in a slow cooker, then add taco seasoning and chicken broth.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.


About an hour before you're ready to serve, take two forks and shred the chicken.  Aaaaand...that's pretty much it.


I served the chicken alongside a variety of options...flour, corn and hard shell tortillas, cheese, sour cream, corn salsa, queso, lettuce, guacamole, and the list goes on.  I had the best intentions of taking lots of pictures of our fiesta...but then I started eating and the idea escaped me.  Further proof that these tacos are to die for good, I suppose.  Hope your Cinco de Mayo was a blast!  Buenos Noches!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment