Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Foodie Files: Part 1

Top 'O the morning to you!  I've got a bit of an unprecedented Foodie Files situation happening on this fine St. Patrick's Day but I think you'll be okay with it.  I'm dead set on cooking a real Irish meal tonight, but realistically speaking the soonest I'll be able to get the post up is around 7:00 or 8:00pm.  I'm not okay with that timing so I wanted to post a little bit of a Foodie Files teaser first.  And since one of my favorite things about being an adult is the ability to eat dessert before dinner if I so choose, I just had to share last night's pre-St. Patricks Day-dessert: Chocolate Cake with Bailey's infused ganache!  Check back later tonight for a full report on the Guinness Onion Soup I'm attempting!

Ganache Ingredients: 

1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
5-6oz semisweet chocolate

Melt the ingredients above over medium heat and stir until smooth.  Poor over a completed cake or cupcakes (which we used a box mix for, for the record!  crazy, right!).  It's seriously good and the most Irish item I could muster at the moment! :)



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the pleasure of eating this particular piece...it was absolutely phenomenal. Design Muse knows exactly how to entertain guests.

Thank You!

-NL

Post a Comment