Monday, May 24, 2010

The Best of SkyMall


For me, one of the most enjoyable parts of flying is delving into the SkyMall Magazine- it is truly the Mecca of all products you never knew you always wanted.  Where else could you find an electronic Feng Shui Compass, a mini travel fireplace or a projector that creates rainbows?  If you’ve never picked one up you’ve gotta make it a priority on your next flight, it’s chocked full of serious entertainment value.  Every so often I’ll find a few products I’m convinced I absolutely need for whatever reason.  Here are a few gems I picked out on my flight from Miami to Nashville yesterday- some cracked me up, some made me say “why didn’t I think of that?” but all of them made me smile!



This may seem like an impractical purchase, but to me it would be worth every penny of it’s $200 price tag.  I’ve seen towel warmers in hotels before, but never one for a home.  So if you can’t get to the resort every day (if you can let me know how you’re pulling that off) then this is a great way to bring the spa to you.  This commercial-quality product wont rust, flake or chip but they WILL give your towels that “just out of the dryer” feel 100% of the time.  Sold!



SkyMall really saw me coming on this one.  They caught me traveling across the country with my makeup tangled in my cousin’s old cosmetic bag…of course I can’t help but wish I owned this little organizer.  It features an earring bar, ring bar, two chain bracelet attachments, and three full-sided zipper pockets.  Look at the $30 investment as one less time you have to pretend you’re wearing mismatched earrings cause you saw it on Gossip Girl- it’s well worth it.  




Battery-powered candles are a great way to keep your home safe and beautiful at the same time.  These shine a flickering light that imitates candlelight- even their wax resin looks real.  They’re about $20 a piece…the same amount you’d spend on a candle that won’t last years or potentially burn down your living room.  


                  

This is a box that, depending on what model you order, will either laugh or applaud uproariously when you open it.  That is hilarious.  The very existence of an item such as this had me laughing so hard I couldn’t bear to not include it.  It’s advertisement suggested you “close your eyes and imagine yourself accepting that Oscar, Nobel, or Best Comedy Emmy”.  I want to believe those jokers are kidding...I’m pretty sure they are.  Either way, it’s classic SkyMall material.  While I prefer to gather applause and laughter the old fashioned way, I guess it’s always good to know you have options.  



If you come from a home where everyone has the same brownie preferences, this pan has the potential to be the worst or best addition to your arsenal of baking supplies (depending, of course, on what those preferences are).  If you’re all corner piece people, you’re in luck!  Even if you’re not, you may want to consider it for it’s many other uses- quick breads, cobblers, and lasagna that bakes evenly without a gooey center.  It even comes with a mini-spatula for easy serving.  It’s a novel idea for less than $40!

0 comments:

Post a Comment