Monday, November 8, 2010

The Bare Minimum

When I was in 4th grade, I loved Little Debbie Nutty Bars more than life itself.  My Mom didn’t buy us a lot of junk, but I did convince her to send Nutty bars in my school lunch every so often.  Unbeknownst to her, I would also trade as many of my lunch items as possible for the Nutty Bars of my classmates.  I got quite a bit of mileage off this sinister plan because instead of packing brown bags with lunch, my Mom was famous for sending large travel coolers filled to the brim….everyday.  By mid-year I was eating my weight in Nutty Bars on a weekly basis, than one day I just couldn’t stand the sight of them anymore.  It was Nutty Bar overload and I’d had enough.  I spent last week enjoying fabulous Las Vegas.  I hope you had a chance to look through the pictures I posted of all the opulence- it really was extraordinary and I’m so glad I got to see it.  However…after a week of taking in overindulgent decorating to the 100thdegree, I’m suffering from excess overload.  Today, lets talk minimalism.  If you’re drawn to adjectives like simple, soothing, neutral, natural and clean- minimalism is the look you’re going for.  Think few accessories, no clutter, and not a lot of competition in terms of a focal point.   It doesn’t have to be stark, all white, or lifeless- just simple.  Here are a few spaces that pull off the look well.










0 comments:

Post a Comment